In Saigon, there is an airport – Tan Son Nhat international (with 2 terminals: Domestic and International), is about 7km from the city center.
Two big coach stations are the Eastern coach station (Ben Xe Mien Dong) to go to the eastern and northern provinces and the Western coach station (Ben Xe Mien Tay) to go to Mekong Delta.
The Public transport system consists of 110 bus routes spread to every district from main roads to alleys.
The Train Station Address: 1 Nguyen Thong, Ward 9, District 3, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.
In addition, there are some bus companies going to specific provinces as Thanh Buoi (go to Dalat) and Phuong Trang (go to most of the provinces in the Mekong Delta).
AIRPORT BUS: There are 2 bus routes from the airport to the city center: 109 and 152
+ The bus 109 (5:30 am – 1 am), fare: 12 000 VND (0,5 USD). Departure: Tan Son Nhat Airport, Stop: 23/9 Park.
+ The bus 152 (6 am – 6 pm), fare: 6 000 VND. Departure: Tan Son Nhat Airport, Stop: Ben Thanh Station.
You should install the Busmap application to look up the bus route details.
+ Train: Via the website: www.dsvn.vn. (Vietnam railway company official).
+ Phuong Trang Bus (go to Mekong Delta): Via the website: futabus.vn
+ Thanh Buoi Bus (go to Dalat): Via the website: thanhbuoibus.com.vn
- Ben Thanh Market
- Notre Dame Cathedral
- War Remnants Museum
- Bui Vien Walking Street
- Cu Chi Tunnels
- Independence Palace
- Saigon Chinatown
- Jade Emperor Pagoda
Top Food & Drink
For the best exchange rates, you are recommended to visit the money changers and gold dealers around Ben Thanh Market, Bui Vien Walking Street, and Banks.
Recommended Money Changers
- Ha Tam Jewellery (7 am – 10 pm) Address: 2 Nguyen An Ninh, Ben Thanh, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City (near Ben Thanh Market)
- Kim Mai Jewellery (7 am – 8 pm) Address: 84C Cong Quynh, Nguyen Cu Trinh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City (near Bui Vien Walking Street)
- Banks: DongA Bank, BIDV, Vietcombank.
– Always bargain when shopping at Ben Thanh Market.
– Keep personal belongings carefully when visiting in crowded places as Bui Vien, Nguyen Hue and Ben Thanh Market.
NEWS & EVENTS