Welcome To Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City is a dynamic city of Vietnam where the skyscrapers mixed with old houses create a city of many colors and contrasts. Let’s check out the video of Ho Chi Minh City by drone!
Ho Chi Minh City Tourist Map
Saigon Travel Guide Free Ebook
This is a Ho Chi Minh City travel guide Ebook, you can download it for free. The book includes all the places, eateries, travel tips in Saigon. Hopefully this book will help you travel the city more easily!
Talking about Saigon, there are countless places waiting for you to visit, maybe it is tiny alleys, or a flower market. However, we recommend you the places to visit when you come to this city, which are not the best places but they are most suitable for tourists.
Top Food & Drink
Saigon is called a street food paradise, no matter where you go in Saigon, you will encounter street vendors selling Banh Mi, Xoi or Sugarcane juice.
There are two famous streets for street food for tourists: Bui Vien Street and Pham Ngu Lao, don’t forget to go there to enjoy a plate of seafood and a bottle of Saigon beer. Here are the top famous Saigon dishes that you can enjoy anywhere in this city.
In Saigon, there is an airport – Tan Son Nhat international (with 2 terminals: Domestic and International), which is about 7km from the city center.
Two big coach stations are the Eastern coach station (Ben Xe Mien Dong) to go to the eastern and northern provinces and the Western coach station (Ben Xe Mien Tay) to go to Mekong Delta.
The Public transport system consists of 110 bus routes spread to every district from main roads to alleys.
The Train Station Address: 1 Nguyen Thong, Ward 9, District 3, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.
In addition, there are some bus companies going to specific provinces as Thanh Buoi (go to Dalat) and Phuong Trang (go to most of the provinces in the Mekong Delta).
AIRPORT BUS: There are 2 bus routes from the airport to the city center: 109 and 152
+ The bus 109 (5:30 am – 1 am), fare: 12 000 VND (0,5 USD). Departure: Tan Son Nhat Airport, Stop: 23/9 Park.
+ The bus 152 (6 am – 6 pm), fare: 6 000 VND. Departure: Tan Son Nhat Airport, Stop: Ben Thanh Station.
You should install the Busmap application to look up the bus route details.
+ Train: Via the website: www.dsvn.vn. (Vietnam railway company official).
+ Phuong Trang Bus (go to Mekong Delta): Via the website: futabus.vn
+ Thanh Buoi Bus (go to Dalat): Via the website: thanhbuoibus.com.vn
You can easily rent a motorbike at your hotel or shops (we recommend in Bui Vien Street area) for between VND 150,000 – 200,000 VND (7-10 USD) / day; however, you need an international driver’s license and you must wear a helmet when driving.
Referring to the types of shopping in Ho Chi Minh City, the traditional market is the preferred type, you can buy everything there, and in particular, every market in Saigon has its own unique character such as Ben Thanh Market has the identity of a genuine Saigon, Binh Tay Market has the identity of the Chinese community. There are also some markets that sell only one type of product such as Hoa Ho Thi Ky market, Nhat Tao market selling old electronic components.
Convenience store is one of the advantages of Ho Chi Minh City compared to other localities. In this city, you will find convenience stores wherever you go. These include big convenience stores such as Seven Eleven, Vinmart +, Circle K and Family Mart
Shopping malls are popular shopping options in Saigon. These include popular names such as Vincom, Diamond Plaza and Lotte Mart.
In general, the cost of living in Ho Chi Minh City is cheaper than the world average. Below we have listed the average price of shops and supermarkets in this city for your reference.
- Bus: 6,000 – 7,000 (within HCMC). 7,000-25,000 (inter-municipal).
- Taxi: 15,000 (per km).
- Grabbike: 4,000 (per km).
- 4G internet: 90,000 (a month).
- Banh my Saigon (Saigon bread): 10,000-20,000/loaf.
- Pho: 25,000 – 50,000/bowl.
- Bun bo Hue ( Hue beef noodles) : 25,000 – 50,000/bowl.
- Banh Xeo: 30,000 – 50,000/unit (for Mekong Delta Banh Xeo). 7,000-10,000/unit (for Central Vietnam Banh Xeo).
- Goi cuon (spring rolls): 3,000 – 10,000/unit.
- Banh cuon (rolled cake): 15,000 – 30,000/plate.
- Lau (Hotpot) : 90,000 – 250,000/pot.
- Mi Quang (Quang noodles): 15,000-30,000/bowl.
- Hu Tieu (noodles): 15,000-45,000/bowl.
- Com Tam (broken rice): 20,000-45,000/bowl.
- Che (sweet soup): 6,000 – 15,000/glass.
- Banh Trang Tron (mixed rice paper): 10,000 – 20,000/bag.
- Ca phe da (iced coffee):15,000 – 20,000/ glass.
- Ca phe sua da (iced milk coffee): 15,000 – 25,000/glass.
- Tra sua (milk tea): 20,000 – 30,000/glass.
- Sinh to (smoothie): 20,000 – 40,000/glass.
- Nuoc trai cay (fruit juice): 20,000 – 40,000/glass.
- Coca Cola, Pepsi: 10,000 – 15,000.
- Saigon beer: 15,000 – 20,000 /can.
- Nuoc mia (sugar-cane juice): 5,000 – 7,000/glass.
- Shorts: 50,000 – 200,000.
- Jeans: 150,000 – 400,000.
- T-shirt: 50,000 – 200,000.
- Shirt: 150,000 – 400,000.
- Slippers: 20,000 – 60,000.
- Medicines for stomachache, headache: 40,000-50,000/dose. (at pharmacies).
Ho Chi Minh City is Vietnam’s entertainment capital, there are many entertainment venues such as cinemas, theme parks, and theaters.
- Cinema: Cinestar, CGV, lotte, BHD Star are the top brands in Ho Chi Minh City
- Theme park: Suoi Tien Theme Park and Dam Sen Park are two top choices.
- Theater: The Opera House.
A large number of bars and pubs are concentrated in District 1 (downtown), especially the “Western Street” areas of Bui Vien and Pham Ngu Lao.
Recommended length of stay: 3-4 days
Money Exchange in Ho Chi Minh City
For the best exchange rates, you are recommended to visit the money changers and gold dealers around Ben Thanh Market, Bui Vien Walking Street, and Banks.
Recommended Money Changers
- Ha Tam Jewellery (7 am – 10 pm) Address: 2 Nguyen An Ninh, Ben Thanh, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City (near Ben Thanh Market)
- Kim Mai Jewellery (7 am – 8 pm) Address: 84C Cong Quynh, Nguyen Cu Trinh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City (near Bui Vien Walking Street)
- Banks: DongA Bank, BIDV, Vietcombank.
The traffic in the city is crazy, so always be careful when crossing the road.
Don’t forget to bargain when buying in places of international tourists such as Ben Thanh market and Bui Vien street.
Keep personal belongings carefully when visiting in crowded places as Bui Vien, Nguyen Hue, and Ben Thanh Market.
Finally, don’t forget to download the travel map we mentioned above. That map we listed the places to visit as well as the restaurants and bars we surveyed.
Thank you for choosing and meet you in Ho Chi Minh City!