Dragon Bridge at a glance
Dragon Bridge is one of three famous bridges in Da Nang, along with the Han River Bridge and Thuan Phuoc Bridge, which was designed in the shape of a dragon and spanned the Han River. The bridge was inspired by the magnificent Dragon of the Ly Dynasty and is one of Da Nang’s architectural symbols. The Dragon’s head facing My Khe beach (one of the top ten best beaches in Vietnam) symbolizes the development aspirations of Da Nang City. The dragon’s tail resembles a traditional Vietnamese blooming lotus flower.
The bridge is 658 meters long and has six lanes of traffic as well as two wide sidewalks for pedestrians. Standing on the Dragon Bridge, you can see the entire central area of Da Nang and other famous bridges.
Address: Nguyen Van Linh, Phuoc Ninh, Da Nang
Dragon Bridge breathing fire
When visiting Da Nang, the city of bridges, one of the most exciting moments is watching the fire and water performance of Dragon Bridge. The dragon breathes fire and water on weekends and holidays at 9 pm. When the performance is approaching, the bridge will be closed to traffic in both directions, and only pedestrians can access the bridge. It breathes fire in 2 minutes with 3 minutes of water breathing after.
In addition, the bridge is illuminated with thousands of LED lights that flow through the color spectrum, creating dynamic, dazzling views that reflect off the surface of the river. The lights combined with the fire that shoots from the dragon’s head will astound you!
Where can you watch the Dragon Bridge show?
You can easily witness fantastic performances during the weekend without paying a dime. Follow some of our suggestions to find out your way to enjoy this unique show.
On the bridge: When it is almost time for the performance, vehicles are not permitted to cross the bridge, and only pedestrians are permitted (limited). Since then, you can watch the show from the bridge. Stay away from the dragon’s head, or you might get wet during the water-breathing show.
On Tran Hung Dao Street: Located right under the dragon’s head, not too close to get wet and not too far away to appreciate the full beauty of the bridge. As a result, it is the best place to watch the fire and water show while also eating delicious local cuisine or appealing fresh seafood dishes. Furthermore, there are numerous sidewalk bars along the street where you can enjoy a drink.
From Bach Dang Street: Bach Dang Street is located at the end of the bridge and is a walking street, making it an ideal location to see the show. You can see both the performance and the poetic beauty of the Han River from here. However, for a better view, go to the second floor of some cafe shops with balconies.
On the yacht: Da Nang Yacht Tour is another excellent option for a fantastic dinner cruise along the Han River and admiring all the magical beauty when the Dragon spits fire and water on the weekend.
From above: Viewing the performance from the tops of many buildings near the bridge is a more exciting option. For visitors who want to see a performance, staying near the Dragon Bridge is also a popular option. Along the banks of the Han River near the Dragon Bridge, there are numerous hotels ranging from budget to high-end. By staying in this area, you will not only be able to see the “dragon” but also be in a central location for other Da Nang attractions. Here are some suggestions:
- Top Bar of Vanda Hotel
- Rooftop coffee of Green Plaza Hotel
- Top Bar of À La Carte Hotel
- Sky Bar of Diamond Sea Hotel
- Top Bar of Brilliant Hotel
From other bridges: Da Nang is a city of famous bridges such as the Han Bridge or the Tran Thi Ly Bridge. Because they run parallel to the Dragon Bridge, you can see the water and fire performances from both bridges’ sidewalks.
- Excellent nighttime color photography. The bridge changes colors as the lights change. And the view is spectacular, with the lights reflecting on the river water.
- No vehicles are permitted to cross the bridge during the show, so if you want to ride a motorcycle there, you must arrive earlier.
- If you want to see the Dragon Bridge spirits of fire and water, you should go to Da Nang on weekends or holidays. The performance is only held on Saturdays and Sundays at 9 pm.
- The International Fireworks Festival is held every year in Da Nang. Many international fireworks competitors will gather in this inspiring coastal hub for a spectacular display of world-class pyrotechnics. The fireworks displays will be set off over the water of the Han River, and Dragon Bridge is one of the ideal places to watch them. Check event information to plan your day.