Ho Chi Minh City → Phu Quoc → Ha Tien → Can Tho → Mui Ne → Dalat → Nha Trang → Quy Nhon → Da Nang → Hoi An → Hue → Quang Binh → Ninh Binh → Cat Ba Island → Ha Long Bay → Hanoi → Sapa → Hanoi
Step By Step
Click on the photo to see a detailed travel guide
Things to do: Phu Dung Pagoda, Da Dung Moutain, Mac Family Temple, Ha Tien Night Market.
Ha Tien → Can Tho: Bus (Thao Kim Ngan – Ha Tien Bus Station)
- Travel time: 5h
- Fare: 150.000 VND
Things to do: Cai Rang Floating Market, Ong Temple, Binh Thuy Ancient House, Muoi Cuong Cocoa Farm.
Can Tho → Mui Ne: Bus (Lien Hung – Can Tho Bus Station)
- Travel time: 10h 30m
- Fare: 260.000 VND
Cat Ba Island
Things to do: Lan Ha Bay, Monkey Island, Cat Ba National Park.
Cat Ba Island → Ha Long Bay: Ferry (Cat Ba – Tuan Chau)
- Travel time: 45 minutes
- Fare: 80.000 VND
Things to do: Sapa Stone Church, Ham Rong Mountain, Cat Cat Village, Ta Van Village.
Sapa → Hanoi: Bus (Fansipan Express Bus)
You take bus number 86 (30.000 VND) to Noi Bai international airport from Hanoi center, ending your 1-month itinerary in Vietnam.
A few notes
- Click on the links (names) of the bus operators, airlines to book tickets directly. You should book train tickets on the official website of the Vietnam Railway Corporation: dsvn.vn.
- Click on the photo to see a detailed travel guide for each destination.
- The above recommendations (tours, hotels, bus operators, and airlines) are all selected from the most suitable ones, with no advertising and affiliate marketing, so you can rest assured with these suggestions.
- One month is the ideal time to explore most of the famous destinations in Vietnam. 30 days is also the maximum stay for Vietnam E-Visa.
- Refer to the Vietnam travel guide for more information on Vietnam tourism.
1 Month in Vietnam cost
The cost for 1 month in Vietnam is about 950 USD, which is the average expenditure of many tourists. Here are some fixed costs:
- Transportation costs: about 120 USD. You should book flights in advance to get lower prices.
- The cost of staying in a private hotel/homestay is about 15-20 USD/night. If you are a solo traveler, hostels can be an economical option (about 5 USD/night). Learn more about accommodation in Vietnam.
- The cost of food is about 10-15 USD/person/day.
- Admission to monuments, museums, and attractions costs around 1-2 USD.
Here are other reference Vietnam itineraries