Ho Chi Minh City → Dalat → Nha Trang → Da Nang → Hoi An → Da Nang → Ha Long Bay → Ninh Binh → Hanoi
Step By Step
Click on the photo to see the detailed travel guide
Ho Chi Minh City
Da Nang Airport is about 3 km from the city center and 6 km from My Khe Beach. Beachfront accommodation is a great option.
Things to do: My Khe Beach, Ba Na Hills, Marble Mountains, Museum of Cham Sculpture.
The best way to get to Hoi An from Da Nang is by bus:
- Bus route: 01
- Travel time: 45 min
- Fare: 30,000 VND
Bus stops near the Ancient Town of Hoi An, choose a place to stay in the ancient town’s heart to feel the rhythm of life here.
Things to do: An Bang Beach, the ancient town, Bay Mau Coconut Forest.
- Flying time: 1 hr 20 min
- Airfare: 600,000 – 1,000,000 VND
Ha Long Bay
The bus stops in Tam Coc, one of the most attractive tourist destinations in Ninh Binh.
Things to do: Tam Coc – Bich Dong, Mua Cave, Trang An Landscape Complex, Bai Dinh Pagoda.
Ninh Binh → Hanoi: Bus (Trang An Limousine)
- Travel time: 2 hr
- Fare: 120,000 VND
The last destination in the itinerary is Hanoi – the capital.
Things to do: Hoan Kiem Lake, Hanoi Old Quarter, Temple of Literature, Dong Xuan Market, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum.
You can take bus number 86 (30,000 VND) to Noi Bai international airport from Hanoi city center, ending your 2-week itinerary in Vietnam.
A few notes
- Travel time does not include the airport check-in time.
- Click on the links (names) of the bus operators and airlines to book tickets directly.
- Click on the photo to see a detailed travel guide for each destination.
- 2 weeks is not enough to explore Vietnam in its entirety, so we prioritize selecting the most popular destinations for international tourists.
- The above recommendations (hotels, bus operators, and airlines) are selected from the most suitable ones, with no advertising and affiliate marketing, so you can rest assured with these suggestions.
- Reverse itinerary if you depart from Hanoi or the northern provinces.
- Refer to the Vietnam travel guide for more information on Vietnam tourism.
2 weeks in Vietnam Budget
The cost for two weeks in Vietnam is about $500, which is the average expenditure of many tourists. Here are some fixed costs:
- Transportation costs are about $100. You should book flights in advance to get lower prices.
- The cost of staying in a private hotel/homestay is about $15 – $20/night. If you are a solo traveler, hostels can be an economical option (about $5/night). Learn more about accommodation in Vietnam.
- Food costs are $15/person/day.
- Admission to monuments, museums, and attractions costs around $1 – $2.
Here are other reference Vietnam itineraries